Hiking is an outdoor activity where people go on a walk across the country. Here are some tips that one needs to know before starting hiking.
CHECK ON THE WEATHER
This is one of the main things to know before hiking. Check on the weather to know if the sky is clear or not. It is important to stop or cancel the hike if there is rain or a storm. Skidding on the surface may make your trip.
WEAR THE RIGHT SHOES
While hiking, there are special shoes where the grip is firm, and the sole will be thick enough. One must choose the proper shoes because there might be leeches searching around to stick on; if the correct shoes are not worn, they might get in quickly and start sucking the blood.
DRESS IT TO AN OCCASION
Yes, it is an occasion to go hiking. So, we should be neatly dressed, and it should cover the whole body. It should be light so that the hiking gets easy.
Very important. It’s essential to pack snacks and get enough food for the entire hike. We walk a lot here, so it is necessary to keep you energetic and keep you from getting the stamina to hike the mountains.
LET THE PEOPLE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO
Tell your friends or family that you are on a hike and let them know the location. If there are any emergencies, they get to see the location and come to rescue or help you out.
PACK ONLY THE ESSENTIALS
There should be a limit of 10 items to carry out. If there are enough resources, that would be sufficient—no need to carry a lot.
THE TEN MAIN ESSENTIALS ARE
- First aid supplies are the essential thing to carry. In times of emergencies, they come into use.
- Navigation tools like maps, compass, etc., to determine the location.
- Sun protection glasses or sunscreen to see correctly on a bright day and protect the skin from getting allergies or tan.
- Flashlight or headlamp if hiking a deep forest or any dark place.
- Fire(match sticks, light) for the emergency delay in returning home.
- Water bottle to keep yourself hydrated, which is mandatory while hiking.
- Emergency shelters such as tents and garbage covers can also be used in emergency conditions.
- Extra clothing if it rains unexpectedly.
- Waterproof bag to keep all these things from getting wet and wasted.
- Food to keep ourselves from not stopping until we reach the destination.